ABOUT US  |  CONTACT US  |  RSS  |  ARCHIVE  |  2020-02-22  |  UPDATED: 1398/12/03 - 11:30:4 FA | AR | EN
Ryanair CEO calls for profiling of Muslims, sparks outrage             US prepares for coronavirus pandemic, school and business closures: health officials             íRussia, Turkey to intensify consultations on Syriaís Idlibí             Tulsi Gabbard only candidate who takes an anti-imperialism stance: Analyst             First European dies from coronavirus in Italy as 10 towns locked down             Afghanistan; 10,000 CIVILIAN CASUALTIES in 2019 Ė UNAMA             Turkey confirms presence of allied Syria mercenaries in Libya             Seven people in Vietnam Charged over the deaths of 39 migrants whose bodies were found in a lorry in Essex in October             Russia rejects claims of meddling in 2020 US election             Iran confirms two new deaths, 13 more coronavirus cases             Khalili Criticizes Intl. Silence on Election Results             NATO Welcomes US-Taliban Plan to Sign Deal             US-Taliban Deal to be Signed on Feb. 29: Pompeo             Germany ups police presence at mosques over ívery highí security threat             US fears democracy in Iran, will have to learn to respect it: Foreign Ministry            

DATE PUBLISHED: 2017/9/3 - 13:03:26
VISIT: 1305
SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS

North Korea conducts Ďsuccessfulí H-bomb test
 North Korea conducts Ďsuccessfulí H-bomb test

North Korea says it has conducted a “successful” hydrogen bomb test, hours after two tremors were detected in the country.

North Korean state television said on Sunday that, “The hydrogen bomb test was a perfect success,” adding that the device was capable of being loaded onto long-range missiles.

The newsreader on the official Korean Central Television said the test had been of a bomb with “unprecedentedly large power,” and that it “marked a very significant occasion in attaining the final goal of completing the state nuclear force.”

The broadcaster showed an image of North Korean leader Kim Jong-un’s handwritten order for the test to be carried out at noon on September 3.

The announcement came after Japanese, South Korean, and US meteorological organizations said they had detected two tremors in North Korea.

The United States Geological Survey (USGS) on Sunday detected a first tremor, saying in an updated reading that the quake measured 6.3 on the Richter scale at a depth of 10 kilometers, 24 kilometers northeast of Sungjibaegam in North Korea.

South Korea’s Joint Chiefs of Staff said in a statement that the seismic tremor had been detected near the North’s Punggye-ri nuclear test site.

China detected a second tremor, which it said was magnitude 4.6 and came at a depth of zero kilometers eight minutes after the first quake.

While South Korean officials said that the tremors were likely caused by a nuclear explosion, Japan said in certain terms that a nuclear test had occurred.

“After examining the data, we concluded that it was a nuclear test,” Japanese Foreign Minister Taro Kono said at a briefing after a meeting of Japan’s National Security Council.


Japan’s meteorological agency officer Toshiyuki Matsumori displays a chart showing seismic activity detected in North Korea, during a press conference at the agency’s headquarters in Tokyo, on September 3, 2017. (Photo by AFP)

Japan’s Ministry of Defense said it had dispatched at least three military jets from bases in Japan to test for radiation.

China ‘strongly condemns’ test

In a statement issued on Sunday, the Chinese Foreign Ministry “strongly condemned” North Korea’s hydrogen bomb test and the development of the warhead to be mounted on missiles.

North Korea “has ignored the international community’s widespread opposition, again carrying out a nuclear test. China’s government expresses resolute opposition and strong condemnation toward this,” the statement read.

South Korea urges ‘strongest punishment’

South Korean President Moon Jae-in also called for the “strongest punishment” against Pyongyang, including new United Nations sanctions “to completely isolate North Korea.”

Presidential security adviser Chung Eui-Yong cited Moon as saying that the South would discuss deploying “the strongest strategic assets of the US military,” referring to tactical nuclear weapons, which had been withdrawn by Washington in 1991.

Russia warns of ‘serious consequences’

Russian Foreign Ministry expressed “strong condemnation” of North Korean hydrogen bomb test and called for restraint by all concerned parties.

“This latest demonstrative disregard by Pyongyang of the requirements of the relevant resolutions of the UN Security Council and the norms of international law deserves the strongest condemnation,” the Russian ministry said in a statement.

Russia also expressed regret that the leadership of North Korea was “creating a serious threat” for the region and warned that “the continuation of such a line is fraught with serious consequences” for Pyongyang.

France calls for ‘very firm’ response

French President Emmanuel Macron called for a “very firm” response by the international community to North Korea’s H-bomb test.

“The international community must be very firm in its handling of this latest provocation, in order to get North Korea to unconditionally return to talks and proceed with the complete, verifiable and irreversible dismantlement of its nuclear and ballistic programs,” Macron said in a statement.

The French president called on the UN Security Council to “quickly react” and also urged the European Union to come up with a “clear and united” response.

IAEA voices ‘extreme regret’

The head of the UN’s atomic organization also denounced the latest nuclear test as an “extremely regrettable” move that violated the international community’s repeated demands.

The ‘bomb’

Just earlier on Sunday, North Korea’s official Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) reported that the country had developed a hydrogen bomb that could be loaded into a new intercontinental ballistic missile.

The developments come amid high tensions over the North Korean missile and nuclear programs.

South Korea, the US, and Japan have been unnerved by the North’s weapons programs, which Pyongyang has been defiantly advancing as countermeasures to their hostility.

On Tuesday, North Korea fired a Hwasong-12 missile — reportedly capable of carrying a nuclear payload — that traveled nearly 2,700 kilometers into the Pacific, including over Japan.

The violation of Japanese airspace sparked angry reactions from Japan and the US, as well as calls for restraint by other countries, including Russia and China. The launch also prompted a United Nations Security Council condemnation.

 

Save

LINK: https://www.ansarpress.com/english/8398


TAGS:






*
*

*



SEE ALSO

Pompeo assures US support, stresses íIran threatí in Saudi visit


Ryanair CEO calls for profiling of Muslims, sparks outrage


US prepares for coronavirus pandemic, school and business closures: health officials


íRussia, Turkey to intensify consultations on Syriaís Idlibí


Tulsi Gabbard only candidate who takes an anti-imperialism stance: Analyst


First European dies from coronavirus in Italy as 10 towns locked down


Turkey confirms presence of allied Syria mercenaries in Libya


Seven people in Vietnam Charged over the deaths of 39 migrants whose bodies were found in a lorry in Essex in October


Russia rejects claims of meddling in 2020 US election


Iran confirms two new deaths, 13 more coronavirus cases





VIEWED
MOST DISCUSSED







POLL

Modi, Merkel Discuss Afghanistan, Radicalisation And Terrorism

SEE RESULT


LAST NEWS

Pompeo assures US support, stresses íIran threatí in Saudi visit

Ryanair CEO calls for profiling of Muslims, sparks outrage

US prepares for coronavirus pandemic, school and business closures: health officials

íRussia, Turkey to intensify consultations on Syriaís Idlibí

Tulsi Gabbard only candidate who takes an anti-imperialism stance: Analyst

First European dies from coronavirus in Italy as 10 towns locked down

Afghanistan; 10,000 CIVILIAN CASUALTIES in 2019 Ė UNAMA

Turkey confirms presence of allied Syria mercenaries in Libya

Seven people in Vietnam Charged over the deaths of 39 migrants whose bodies were found in a lorry in Essex in October

Russia rejects claims of meddling in 2020 US election

Iran confirms two new deaths, 13 more coronavirus cases

Khalili Criticizes Intl. Silence on Election Results

NATO Welcomes US-Taliban Plan to Sign Deal

US-Taliban Deal to be Signed on Feb. 29: Pompeo

Germany ups police presence at mosques over ívery highí security threat

US fears democracy in Iran, will have to learn to respect it: Foreign Ministry

Haftar says any ceasefire depends on Turkeyís withdrawal from Libya

Russia offers to compensate Belarus for tax changes: President Lukashenko

Russia says Turkey sends large amounts of ammo to Syriaís Idlib ahead of large-scale op

Trump slams Oscar win for South Korean film íParasiteí

Indiaís new citizenship law puts millions at risk of statelessness

Crippling lockdown on Kashmir surpasses 200 days

London stabbing attack rattles British Muslims

Iraqís anti-terror PMU appoints Abu Fadak al-Mohammedawi as al-Muhandis successor

Iranians go to polls in parliamentary elections amid US animosity

NSC Confirms Reduction in Violence Begins Tonight

Council of Presidential Candidates Calls to Annul Election Result

Iran forms task force to fight coronavirus after two deaths reported in central city

Violence Reduction Ė Details

Speed science: The risks of swiftly spreading coronavirus research

Iran, Russia, Turkey working to agree on date for Syria summit: Turkish source

Khalilzad Meets Karzai, Discusses íCurrent Situationí

Abdullah Asks EUís íClarificationí on Election Stance

Airbus Defence and Space to cut over 2,300 jobs

Protest against legalization of abortion in Colombia

Trump to name US envoy to Germany acting director of national intelligence: Sources

Germany: Shootings at two bars leave eight dead

Afghan election results fuel tensions in the country

UN envoy urges Turkey, Russia to de-escalate situation in Syriaís Idlib

Trump offered Assange pardon to cover up Russia alleged hacking


MEDICAL NEWS








ANSAR PRESS ©  |  ABOUT US  |  CONTACT US  |  MOBILE VERSION  |  LINKS  |  DESIGN: Negah Network Co.
All right reserved. Use this website by mentioning the source (link) is allowed. ›—ś‘ź«Ś «یš —š ی šŕŠ»šŌ«š