16 new ministers to the cabinet of National Unity Government who received a vote of confidence from the parliament on Saturday took oath today.
The oath was given to them by President Mohammad Ashraf Ghani in presidential palace in Kabul.
Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Abdullah Abdullah and other high ranking government officials also took part in the ceremony.
President Ghani told his new cabinet members not to accept private meetings.
“Do not accept those bringing paper flowers”, he said.
The following 16 new ministers will soon be officially introduced to their staff at their respective offices.
- Abdul Razaq Wahidi at the Ministry of Communication and Information Technology
- Mahmood Baligh at the Ministry of Public Work
- Homayoun Rasa at the Ministry of Commerce and Industries
- Abdul Bari Jahani at the Ministry of Information and Culture
- Asadullah Zamir at the Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock
- Mohammad Gulab Mangal at the Ministry of Borders and Tribal Affairs
- Abdul Satar Murad at the Ministry of Economy
- Maymood Batash at the Ministry of Transport
- Asadullah Hanif Balkhi at the Ministry of Education
- Sayed Sadat Naderi at the Ministry of Urban Development Affairs
- Abdul Basir Anwar at the Ministry of Justice
- Salamat Azimi at the Ministry of Counter Narcotics
- Farida Momand at the Ministry of Higher Education
- Nasreen Oryakhil at the Ministry of Labour, Social Affairs, Martyrs and Disabled
- Ali Ahmad Osmani at the Ministry of Energy and Water
- Dilbar Nazari at the Ministry of Women Affairs
The cabinet of the National Unity Government is now missing a defense minister. Abdullah Habib has been approved by President Ghani and CEO Abdullah but he is not yet introduced to parliament for a “vote of confidence”.