google.com, pub-6867310892380113, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 ** ** **
|
Nasrallah: Operation underway to revive Daesh, justify US role in Mideast
Lebanons Hezbollah resistance movement warns about an operation underway to revive Daeshs presence in the Middle East in order to whip up an excuse for the United States continued presence in the region under the guise of fighting the Takfiri terrorist group. There exists an operation for revival of Daesh in Iraq and Syria and other areas. Daeshs revival is aimed at justifying the American forces continued presence in the region, said Hezbollah Secretary-General Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah in a televised speech on Tuesday. Nasrallah, therefore, urged caution and alertness against the plots targeting the region. Nasrallah said the Takfiri group had managed to rear its head in some regional areas following the USs assassination of Lieutenant General Qassem Soleimani, former commander of the Quds Force of Irans Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC), in Baghdad in January. The US began leading a coalition of its allies in Iraq and Syria in 2014 following the emergence there of the terrorist outfit that Washington itself is widely accused of creating and supporting. The coalition that featured scores of countries was, however, making suspiciously slow progress against the Takfiris. Iraq and Syria eventually defeated Daesh in late 2017, with military advisory support under the auspices of General Soleimani proving indispensable to their victory. The US-led coalition has, however, sustained its presence to date, despite Washingtons occasional claims that it seeks to withdraw its forces. Elsewhere in his remarks, the Hezbollah chief addressed recent remarks to the United Nations Security Council by Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu about the alleged location where the resistance movement supposedly stores its missiles. Nasrallah asserted that his movement did not store the projectiles in residential areas and invited all media outlets to inspect the location that has been singled out by the Israeli premier. He, meanwhile, noted that the Israeli forces were on alert near Lebanons borders, fearing Hezbollahs reprisal for Tel Avivs assassination of one of the movements members in Syria earlier in the year. Nasrallah said this was the highest level of alert that the occupying regime was experiencing since 1948, when it began claiming existence. Nasrallah addressed French President Emanuel Macrons intervention in Lebanons politics since the huge ammonium nitrate explosion that killed at least 190 people in the capital Beiruts port in August. He pointed to the French head of states allegation against Tehran of intervention in Lebanons internal affairs, saying, Iran is not like France, and does not interfere in Lebanons affairs. The Hezbollah secretary-general also offered his condolences over the earlier demise of Kuwaiti Emir Sheikh Sabah al-Ahmad al-Sabah. He hailed the late rulers efforts towards cessation of Lebanons 1975-1990 civil war, Kuwait Citys position under him during Israels 2006 war on Lebanon, and the emirs efforts towards the countrys reconstruction after the latter warfare.
Readers comments
You are the first person to comment on this article. Comments are displayed after verification. |
|
Ansar Press; Free and independent with impartial reports from the world at the service of the people |
U.S
Afghanistan
Iran
International
Social
Economic
Articles |
Athletic
Read
Science
Medical
Interview
Art and Culture
Travel |
About Us
Contact Us
Advertise with Us |





