google.com, pub-6867310892380113, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 ** ** **
|
Ansarullah reports rise in Saudiled aggression after truce claim
Yemens Houthi Ansarullah movement says the invading Saudi Arabia-led coalition has even ramped up its acts of aggression against the impoverished country after claiming it had initiated a voluntary ceasefire. Tweeting on Monday, the popular Yemeni defense groups spokesman Mohammed Abdul-Salam called the ceasefire claim false and misleading. He denounced any claim on the part of the coalition alleging that it had begun observing self-restraint and accusing the Houthis of violating the ceasefire as ridiculous. The coalition has been launching indiscriminate attacks against Yemen since March 2015 to put the countrys former Saudi-allied officials back in the saddle. The war has killed tens of thousands of Yemenis and rendered at least 80 percent of its 28-million-strong population dependent on aid for survival. Last week, the invaders claimed they were halting military operations in support of United Nations peace efforts and to avoid further spread of the new coronavirus in Yemen. The Yemeni Army, however, reported days afterwards that it had been forced to repel several Saudi-led assaults on various fronts in just one day. Abdul-Salam likewise said not only had not the aggressors initiated any truce, but also they had escalated their offensives. On Tuesday, Yemeni Armed Forces Spokesman Brigadier General Yahya Saree said allied Yemeni defense groups had thwarted a large-scale advance by Saudi-led mercenaries in west-central Marib Province, Yemens al-Masirah television network reported. The retaliation inflicted heavy losses on the militants, he added. The coalition had also launched six raids against the provinces Sirwah District and 14 aerial attacks against the Khabb wa ash Shaaf District in al-Jawf Province that neighbors Marib to the north, Saree said. Elsewhere, the coalition staged advances across the al-Bayda Province that lies to the south of Marib and the Taizz Province that is located in Yemens extreme southwest, the official said. A local official in the eastern Yemeni al-Mahrah Province that borders Oman, meanwhile, told Turkeys state Anadolu news agency that Saudi Arabia had begun bringing military vehicles into the province. Yemen reserves right to self-defense The Ansarullah spokesperson said amid the increase in the offensives that the Yemeni Army and Popular Committees reserve the right to decisively defend the Yemeni nation. The army and the committees have been acting as Ansarullahs allies in the movements efforts to fend for the Arab worlds poorest nation.
SOURCE: PRESS TV Readers comments
You are the first person to comment on this article. Comments are displayed after verification. |
|
Ansar Press; Free and independent with impartial reports from the world at the service of the people |
U.S
Afghanistan
Iran
International
Social
Economic
Articles |
Athletic
Read
Science
Medical
Interview
Art and Culture
Travel |
About Us
Contact Us
Advertise with Us |





